Jiffy-Jr. Products is dedicated to providing personal service, fair and competitive pricing, top quality products, and quick delivery. With a wealth of experience, our capable staff stands ready to serve your building maintenance, janitorial and safety supply needs. We are a small company with family values who, like so many other small companies, for years have formed the bedrock of our American economy. Proud members of the National Federation of Independent Business (protectors of small business interests and legislation) since 1943.
Founded in 1929, our history spans four generations of Wagners. George H. Wagner began by manufacturing our first product, Jiffy-Jr. Hand Soap Powder. Ingredients were mixed by hand in a cement mixer out in the garage, along with a powdered laundry detergent. The Great Depression resulted in rationing of raw ingredients, but as they were equally allotted to manufacturers of all sizes, we were able to continue to offer products for sale. George H. Wagner sold them door to door, right out of his car trunk, to eager customers happy to receive the hard to get products. Our first commercial location in the 1950’s was 1629 Washington Ave. North in Minneapolis, MN.
Incorporated in 1949 as Great Western Laboratories, Inc. (keeping Jiffy-Jr. Products as our trade name) second generation son George L. Wagner expanded the company into a full line of janitorial supplies. His daughter Mary Kay handled the office, and son James G. Wagner worked in sales and production. In the 1960’s the company relocated to a multiple tenant building in Golden Valley, MN where, on Sept. 13, 1968, the building burned down when another tenant left a coffee pot turned on overnight, and we had to rebuild.
Located in New Hope, MN in the 1970’s, third generation owner James G. Wagner stayed active in the company for 43 years until retiring 1997. Janice Adamczak (nee Smith) was hired to run the office in 1974, and worked for a short time with James G. Wagner’s wife Doris and George L. Wagner before his retirement. Fourth generation James R. Wagner became active in the business as a teenager working in the warehouse, and in 1978 began in sales to become our sales manager. Upon James G. Wagner’s retirement, ownership passed to James R. Wagner and business partner Janice Adamczak.
Now located in Osseo, MN, we’re supporting our local economy (no “snowbirds” here!) and genuinely appreciate your business, friendship and loyalty.